Design & Quote
- I am happy to quote off plans/drawings supplied. If it is just a ballpark price you are after, a simple sketch with basic dimensions is usually sufficient or alternatively, I will come to your home to help with the design of your new kitchen.
- I will work with you to design the kitchen that will best fit the space available, maximise the functional aspects and produce the all important WOW factor.
- I will be the one you deal with from start to finish. (No commission driven salesmen).
- It is beneficial if you have visited some of my suppliers/suppliers websites eg: Blum hardware, benchtop and door suppliers for colours, as this will help in our design discussions.
- Knowing your budget is also a great help as I have experience in building kitchens to budget from rentals to family homes to mansions.
Check measure and contract
- Once accepted, a time is arranged to check measure the job and a contract is signed.
- I use standard contracts provided by the Housing Industry Association (HIA). This is compulsory under the Building Act for domestic works over $1100 in Queensland. It simply sets out a payment schedule and construction times.
- Queensland Building & Construction Commission (QBCC) Insurance is also compulsory for works over $3300. It is against the law not to pay the insurance and only a licensed contractor can pay this on behalf of the client. The QBCC will forward you a copy of the insurance policy which is your protection against a company or individual taking a deposit or progress payments and not completing the works. For example, when a company goes into liquidation.
- Once the contract is signed and the deposit paid, work commences on your job and it is completed in my workshop prior to installation.
- Laminate kitchens are usually supplied in 3 - 4 weeks, and 2pac in 4 - 6 weeks, subject to workload and public holidays.
- Your old kitchen is removed and your new kitchen is delivered.
- Any electrical or plumbing preliminary work is also done on this day.
- Your new kitchen is installed.
- Generally the electrical and plumbing work will also be completed on this day or next morning.
At this stage arrangements are made for other trades to complete:
- A plasterer may need to finish cornices.
- Floors and splashbacks may need tiling.
- Walls or ceilings may need painting.
Stone benchtops are typically installed 7-10 working days after the installation of the cabinets.
The measuring of glass splashbacks can only be done after the installation of cabinets and tops and usually require a 7 day turn around.
Old kitchen being removed
New kitchen going in
New kitchen finished. Removed and installed in 1 1/2 days. Electrical and plumbing completed on 2nd day.
Tiling finished on day3.